Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Independence Day!



Happy 4th of July to all my American friends.  Last year we were in Denver for the 4th of July and I was so excited because we were going to go to Red Rocks and watch Blues Traveler and the fireworks.  But then the rain started, golf ball sized hail, flash floods and tornado warnings.  So that was the end of that.  No fireworks for me! 

Like a lot of Canadians I feel very at home in the US.  I have many cousins who are Americans.  The border used to be a lot more open and people settled where they wanted to..in the US or Canada.  One of my sets of great-grandparents came from Illinois.  They homesteaded in Alberta where there was free farmland to be had for enterprising, hard-working people.  I have Dutch ancestors who settled in New York state when it was still New Amsterdam who fought in the American Revolution.

So be safe and have a wonderful holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment