- Hardcover: 1376 pages
- Publisher: Zondervan; Special edition (December 25, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0310417376
- ISBN-13: 978-0310417378
Are you experiencing a hunger to know God more completely in your life? Do you long for a deeper connection with him? If so, then the NIV Spiritual Renewal Bible - the recipient of the 1999 ECPA Gold Medallion Award - is for you. Using a time-tested process honed over decades of counseling and teaching, Stephen Arterburn employs 7 core principles of spiritual renewal and refreshment, connecting you more closely with God’s Spirit through his Word and helping you to develop the deep, satisfying change you desire in your spiritual life.
- 66 book introductions focused on the thematic study and spiritual renewal aspects of each Bible book
- Text notes highlight renewal themes as they emerge from the text of the Bible
- Multi-feature character profiles assess how different personalities managed different challenges in their walk with God
- Spiritual keys devotional reading plan: Two cycles (OT and NT) of 49 devotions each lead the reader through 7 keys of spiritual renewal with 7 devotions for each key
- Spiritual disciplines essays that describe the various disciplines of the faith such as prayer, Scripture reading, and others
- Spiritual disciplines profiles: one-page articles that describe how certain characters of the Bible employed the various Spiritual disciplines in their lives
About the Author
Steve Arterburn is a bestselling author, radio host, and entrepreneur. He is the founder and chairman of New Life Ministries, the largest faith-based broadcast counseling and treatment ministry. He is also the host of “New Life Live!”—a nationally syndicated daily radio program—and founder of Women of Faith conferences. He is the author of many bestselling books, such as the Every Man’s Battle series and The God of Second Chances. Arterburn lives in Indianapolis with his family.
This is a wonderful bible for Christians who are seeking to renew their faith in God and to experience transformation through the spiritual lessons that are presented through devotionals. This is achieved through the study plan that consists of seven keys. The first key is to surrender.
Surrendering yourself to God is always the first step to finding fulfillment in the Lord's word. According to author Stephen Arteburn, there are two parts to surrendering. First, surrender is the spiritual and emotional connection with the Lord. Secondly, surrender is willingness to comply the Lord's path.
The second key is the acceptance of your lot in life. Accept and trust God. Move forward. The third key is confession and witnessing to others. It's time to heal and to stop blaming others. The reader moves through the seven keys by following the reading plan set out in this bible.
The Seven Keys:
- Seek God and Surrender to Him
- See the Truth
- Speak the Truth
- Accept Responsibility
- Grieve, Forgive and Let Go
- Transform Your Life
- Preserve Spiritual Gains
I am reading the ebook version. I found it easy to use. The hyperlinks all worked. I found this to be a very useful and inspiring bible. It is a wonderful addition to my bible collection.