a Rafflecopter giveaway
- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 1792 KB
- Print Length: 244 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Windtree Press (Jan. 10 2015)
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00PFWPHPQ
On the eve of the biggest art event at Huckleberry Mountain Resort, potter Shandra Higheagle finds herself in the middle of a murder investigation. She’s ruled out as a suspect, but now it’s up to her to prove the friend she witnessed fleeing the scene was just as innocent. With help from her recently deceased Nez Perce grandmother, Shandra becomes more confused than ever but just as determined to discover the truth.
Detective Ryan Greer prides himself on solving crimes and refuses to ignore a single clue, including Shandra Higheagle’s visions. While Shandra is hesitant to trust her dreams, Ryan believes in them and believes in her.
Can the pair uncover enough clues for Ryan to make an arrest before one of them becomes the next victim?
About the Author
She writes historical and contemporary westerns along with historical paranormal romance and has recently published an action adventure romance series and a mystery series.
2010 Spirit of the Mountain placed 1st in the paranormal category of the Lories Best Published Book Contest
2011 Spirit of the Lake finalled in the Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence
2013 Secrets of a Mayan Moon won Winner of the Reader's Crown Award
Twelve Things About Paty
1. Twelve is my favorite number. It's the day of the month I married my always entertaining husband.
2. I drove in a powder-puff derby and had a great time smashing cars.
3. At one time my parents called me Jill-of-all-trades because I'd had such a varied array of jobs: waitress, store clerk, doctor's office receptionist, vacuum cleaner sales person, toy stocker and sandwich maker.
4. I fell off a horse when I was thirteen and broke my collar bone, but didn't know about the break until a doctor noticed the mended bones when I was having a physical to go to college.
5. I have to have a cup of hot chocolate in the morning or my day doesn't go well. ;)
6. I've skinny dipped at night by the light of the moon.
7. Don't tell my husband, but i do like it when he buys hay equipment for my presents.
8. We never made it to our honeymoon. The car broke down and hubby got a call for work so he went to work to pay for the car's repairs.
9. My favorite desert is cheesecake.
10. The smell of a horse takes me back to summer days riding the mountain behind our house.
11. I went barefoot all the time while growing up. I'd even walk in the snow to my grandmother's house 50 feet from our house barefoot.
12. I write about the West and Native Americans because I like to write about the strong, the brave, and the injustices.
Double Duplicity is the first book in the Shandra Higheagle Mystery series by new-to-me author Paty Jager. Mystery, romance, small town, and native American heritage combine to make a compelling read.
Set in Huckleberry, Idaho, this novel touches on the Nez Perce ancestry of Shandra Higheagle. Shandra is a gifted artist whose pottery is for sale at the premier galleries in Huckleberry. Detective Ryan Greer has his sights set on solving the murder mystery around a gallery owner's murder as well as on beauty Shandra Higheagle. There are a few twists to keep things interesting...many of Huckleberry's residents seem to have led interesting lives in big city Seattle in the past.
Overall a good, fast read with a satisfying mystery and interesting characters. I do recommend giving Double Duplicity a read.